HOW TO TEMPER YOUR CHOCOLATE USING A DOUBLE BOILER
A class review on chocolate tempering for the class participants:-
1) boil water in a pot (I use induction cooker)
2) once the water is boiling, I reduce it to number 2 to keep it warm.
3) I use a metal bowl, I place my couverture chocolate 58% Cacao Barry into the bowl
4) I wait for it to melt and sit occasionally
5) Once the chocolate has melted, I check if its between 45-50 degree celcius
6) Once I verify the temperature and it was 46 degree celcius, I remove the bowl from the pot and dry the side of the bowl
7) I wait for the temperature to drop to 33 degree celsius to use the tempered chocolate
8) for home practice for participants in class, you make it into a chocolate bar will ne a good pracitce.
9) remember to stir well before each use.
Hope to see you soon in the near future.
..... A journey in OnePa...
by the month